627 Snelling, and a job!

Saturday, May 23, 2009 | |

627 Snelling

After I got rejected from the first hogwon (Korean private ESL school) I applied to, I drove down to the cities on Friday for a job interview with KoreaPolySchool and got hired on the spot. I'll start teaching sometime in July, which is great since Joe and I are flying into Seoul from Phnom Penh on June 28th. I'm not sure exactly where I'll be yet, but they seemed confident they could place me in Seoul, like I wanted.

This jaunt down to the Cities was also a test run for my two new pieces of photo gear! This was with my new lens--the Nikkor f/1.8 50mm, which basically means I can have shallow depth of field and throw the background out of focus more or less at will, like in this shot. I also have a GPS datalogger which records my position continuously so I can go back later and tag my pictures with the location they were taken at. Hopefully, this will work in the map I'm trying to embed in this post, and it should become a regular feature once I arrive in Asia!

0 comments: