shibuya scramble

Sunday, March 14, 2010 | |


The famous scramble intersection at the Hachiko exit of Shibuya Station. Like most of the images that have become the icons of Tokyo in my mind, I associate it with its appearance in Lost in Translation, the movie that made me fall in love with Tokyo in the first place. I took this while sitting in the Starbucks that Scarlett Johansson walks towards.

The Hachiko exit of Shibuya Station (where all the people are coming from in the top left) is also famous for its namesake, the dog Hachiko. He's the one who, back in the 1920s, waited at that exit at the same time every day to greet his master getting off the same train from work; and when his master died of a stroke at work one day, continued to return to that exit to wait for him at the same time every day for nine years! Awwww, puppies!

My blog / RSS feed
My Flickr photostream / RSS feed
My Flickr map

0 comments: