halloween

Sunday, November 01, 2009 | |

Friday was a party day for the kids. All the kindergartners dressed up and they had no classes for their entire day--just fun and games. Lucky kids!behind the mask

king for a day
This is Kevin, in Eagles. (All the kindergarten classes are named for birds--Toucans, Eagles, Hummingbirds, etc.; they sit in classrooms named after trees--Birch, Elm, Redwood, etc. Cute, huh?) He told me he was dressed up as a Korean king/tv drama character (and his twin brother Andy in Hummingbirds had the same costume). He told me his mom handmade it for him. "Wow," I said. "Your mom must really love you!" He thought a moment and then said, "Yeah, I love her too!" He paused again. "I love everyone! Teacher too!"


hostilities

peace summit
This was Hyun-joon. He was having some issues; he didn't even know he was Darth Vader. I went as a Jedi and as soon as I saw him I was like, hey you're Darth Vader, right? And he looked at me quizzically for a second and then said, "No, I'm just Star Wars. Teacher, who are you?"

bingo

0 comments: